Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Running

I'm glad I rode it out. When I am willing to look for it, I have quite a bit going for me. The last time I flipped out was at the doctor's office in May when I had to get my blood drawn. I seem to be able to chill out now. I think it is running.

Running has always been a part of my life, either doing it or wishing I was doing it. It seems to steady me. It is like hardcore meditation time if that is what you need, or it can be imagination playtime fun land with music and dancing. Lately it has been music and dancing, I think that is all that vitamin d I have been getting... From the sun dude. At any rate running has always been a calming force. I think I need to just commit to never ever stop.

It also makes me feel pretty and like a badass. I like to give myself really girly rewards running. When I had ran consistently an average of three times a week for four weeks, I got a pedicure and a manicure. My big goal is fancy jeans from Nordstrom when I have a healthy bmi.

My route right now is heavy on hills and the heat has me sweating, but I seem to be abble to hustle through it and have been slowly adding more. I need to like drive to greenlake and do it twice, or go with sara at work or something. Because If I want to get leaner I need to go long. The hills are helping me build muscle fast and burn more fat, which is good because I was starting to look like the state puff marshmallow man. However, I don't want my thigh muscles to get all big which they will if I keep doing hills like crazy.

I can't wait to go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment